This weekend went by in a whim. I was afraid of that. I tried to take advantage of it but really, there just wasn't enough time to do everything I wanted to do. My weekend started on Friday. Our company had a half day so I left at 12:30 and went straight to Long Beach to get my hair colored and trimmed - it had been forever since I had done that so I decided it was time for some "me time." That night I drove to Covina for my girlfriend's wedding rehearsal. She had asked me to help her coordinate her wedding day so invited me to the rehearsal so I could get comfortable with what I would be doing the day of. It was held at Nick's Taste of Texas. We did a couple quick run-throughs and then had dinner. The food was delicious! I would definitely go back with my hubby. That night brought back memories of my own wedding rehearsal. My girlfriend Deanna and her husband to be were so happy that night. It made me really look forward to their wedding day on Sunday.
Saturday morning I went shopping for a dress for the next day's festivities. I know it was last minute but luckily, I found a beautiful outfit at Nordstrom's. Later that afternoon, Gerric and I drove over to my sister's house. We were all meeting there to discuss who would be taking Henry to his radiation treatments for the next month since his brother was going back home. Thankfully, we got it all figured out. My own husband is taking him every Friday - he's so wonderful. As always, please continue to pray for him. The battle isn't over yet.
Sunday was my girlfriend's wedding day. We met in high school and she's always been the sweetest friend, one that no matter how long it had been since we'd talked, I could count on. I was so happy when she found her soulmate in Louis. It was a beautiful wedding held in San Juan Capistrano. She was a gorgeous bride and both her and her husband exuded happiness all day. It was wonderful to be there to capture this in person. I wish Deanna and Louis a lifetime of love and happiness. Thank you both for letting us be a part of your amazing day.

Yesterday I planned on just lounging around and perhaps getting around to some exercise but I received an unexpected call from my sister Emma. It turns out she woke up with a horrible eye infection and I needed to take her to the mall for her to see an eye doctor. That's the only place there was one available on a Holiday. After $54 for an eye exam, $160 for new eye glasses and $290 for the prescription package, we left. My sister broke down at the eye doctor's office since she's had SO many expenses with Henry not working. I tried to console her and offered to pay for everything but she didn't let me. :( It broke my heart to see her like this and I wanted to help more than anything but she just wouldn't let me. It's been so hard for her. She still cries a lot but this morning she e-mailed me that she's finally accepted what is happening to her husband. I keep telling her than she has to believe that he WILL beat this. There are so many people praying for Henry so God just has to hear our prayers.
My other brother-in-law, who specializes in creating websites, is finishing up on the one he's made for Henry. I went to a Washington Mutual bank and opened up a fund for them. We'd like to get the word out that they need help financially. I know my sister doesn't want anyone to know that they are struggling and there's only so much we can do as a family. They have been lucky enough to receive some donations from family and friends already (God bless them all!) but with a mortgage payment and 2 kids to support, it's been tough. I will be sure to post the link to his site when it's all ready to go.
Thanks again for all your prayers. I will never get tired of saying that because I know in my heart that they are working. I hope everyone had a safe and relaxing weekend.




3 comments:
Leeney,
How fun to coordinate a friend's wedding! Next time you need a dress, also try Loehmann's :) I love that place! Can't wait to see you on Saturday. Trying to think of a fun place to go...BTW, my sister-in-law and another friend did a 100 list - you're such a trendster :)
Thanks for delurking on my site. I'm always excited to find new readers and new blogs to read!
I'll think good thoughts for your sister and her family.
I'm keeping Henry and your whole family in my thoughts. Please post that link when you have the account set up for them.
The wedding looks like it was beautiful and a lot of fun. Congrats to the happy couple!
Post a Comment