I unexpectedly went to go spend some time with my BIL last night since my sister needed to run some errands with my 13-yr old niece. She's graduating 8th grade this year and is going on to high school. I can still remember when she was just a toddler - my how time flies. I know I will cry when she goes to prom and graduates high school and has her first boyfriend. But that's another story.
Anyhow, I was able to visit with Henry and decided to take some pictures of his forehead. I told him I was taking them so as to remember this time in the future and he could look back at them and say "wow, I remember when I went through that." Henry has such a fighting spirit. He still manages to smile whenever I point a camera at him, no matter how he's feeling. It's that spirit that will get him through this. I just know it will. He's an amazing person and I'm incredibly fortunate to have him be a part of our family.
You hear of the typical radiation and chemo side affects all the time - fatigue, nausea, loss of hair. I was personally prepared for that. What I wasn't prepared for was a blistered forehead from the aggressive radiation he's been getting five days a week. Have I mentioned I can't stand cancer? I hate you cancer. Leave our Henry alone!
No comments:
Post a Comment