This time, the kids had a hard time breaking the pinata open, that I even had a chance to have a crack at it!
Once the sucker was broken, my sister handed out goodie bags to the kids. She also had goodie bags for the adults too! My first thought: Now this is MY kind of birthday party! When I opened mine, I noticed a few candies but my attention was really on the other object she had so carefully and sneakishly put in there. I saw a tiny pair of baby's socks. When I looked around, I noticed that my eldest sister had the same thing and my brother's baggy had a baby's pacifier in his. This could only mean one thing....my sister was pregnant!!! I immediately started crying because I knew what this meant. My sister Erika and her husband were being blessed once again. They have been through so much already so this news was truly our light at the end of the tunnel. We also took it as an omen that Henry WILL BE fine and will win his battle. My sister and her husband found out on Mother's Day and this reaffirmed the fact that their Baby Diego had sent his mommy this gift himself. What a true blessing! Now instead of praying that my sister gets pregnant soon, we will all pray that the little one growing inside her tummy find its way into his mommy and daddy's arms safely and most importantly, healthy.
My nephew had a wonderful time opening his gifts. He's a sucker for presents...just like his godmother (me!). Emma and Henry were there too...which is always fun. They were even able to let loose and have some margaritas...virgin of course.
I'd say the party was a success!
On Sunday after church, we went to the cemetary to thank our Diego for sending his mommy another baby, to visit Gerric's mom and to also visit the father of one our good friends, Stepheny. We attended his funeral a few years ago but hadn't been back so it was nice being able to pay our respects again. After that, the time had finally come to take Lulu and "El Gigante" (DON'T ASK!) out for a ride! It was so much fun! We only rode to my sister-in-law's house which is close to 3 miles away. Hey, it was our first time out and I didn't want to over exert myself! We had a great time though and I can't wait to go out again!
It was a great weekend. On another good note, Henry completes his radiation treatment on Monday. Hooray!!! So please, I ask that you keep your prayers up for him and ask that his MRI findings show NO sign of his tumor.
I can't wait until Wednesday...hope everyone has fun plans for the 4th!
5 comments:
That is such great news Jolene!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so happy for Erika and her husband!!! I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers and pray for a safe pregnancy and healthy baby!!! I know everything will work out for them. That was such a cute way to tell all of you guys too!!! I defiantly would have started crying as well :) Tell Gerric congrats on the new bike!! No work Wednesday- Woohoo!!!
Yeah! I am SOOO happy for Erika and her husband! That's really awesome news!! I'll continue to keep Henry in my prayers and add Erika to them as well.
Uh...looking forward to more info on "El Gigante" :)
Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!
Congrats to your sister and family! Very exciting!
congrats to your sister!!!!
What wonderful news for Erika and her husband (and your whole family)! You had a great weekend for sure.
"El Gigante"??? I won't ask :). Have fun on those bikes.
Post a Comment