Saturday, December 29, 2007

EVERYONE...MEET BABY ADAM ALEXANDER

Baby Adam Alexander (his middle name was Diego's...he was given the same middle name in his honor)
Born on December 21st, 2007
at 7:52pm
6 lbs, 13 oz

I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to update. I've been enjoying my vacation to the fullest but have also come down with a bit of a cold. Thank you all so very much for your well wishes. I'm so happy to report that my nephew is one week and one day old as of today. He's healthy, happy and just adorable. He's gotten cuter each day I've seen him. It's amazing how one can love a little person so, so much in so little time.
I ended up leaving work on Friday at 2:30 and got to the hospital at about 3pm. My mom and eldest sister were there already. When they checked my sister into the room she would stay in, they connected her so we could hear Adam's heartbeat. It was such a wonderful sound.


They finally started the Pitocin at about 5pm. The contractions were starting to come on strong but since my sister has a very strong threshold for pain, it took her a while to ask for the epidural. The nurse came in to see how far she was dialated. When she did that, the baby's heartbeat slowed down. Our hearts sank. The nurse was surprised and told us that Adam did not like her touching his head. My heart must've been racing so fast. But she assured us that it was normal. It was after 7pm when she finally asked for the epidural but the nurse told us that it would be a while since the anesthesiologist was out and they were going through a shift change at the time. I could see the pain in my sister's face and about 1/2 an hour later, she mumbled that she wanted to push. We knew it was time then. I took my mom out of the room and we went out to the waiting room with everyone. It was a short while before we got the word that Adam had arrived into the world. It all happened so quickly.


When we walked in, Adam was being weighed and was having his perfect little feet footprinted. His cry was the best noise in the world.






Love at first sight



With her doctor


...and baby makes five


Big brother Erik meeting his brother for the 1st time


Adam went home with mommy the next day at about 6pm. It was a wonderful Christmas for all of us having him home. We thank God for his health. He's just perfect.

I'll fill you all in on the rest of my vacation soon, which will include a couple holiday parties and Laker Game. I hope you had a merry Christmas!

13 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Yay! :)

Nanette said...

Welcome to the world, Adam!

Kay said...

what a perfect christmas gift!!!!

your sis looks great

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Aunt Jolene!!!! Aww Adam is so beautiful :) Beautiful name too.. he weighed exactly what Dylan weighed when he was born! I'm so happy for your whole family... xoxo

Blah Blah said...

Aww.. your sis doesn't know us, but tell her we said congrats!!

Marlin Munoz said...

Marlene and I are so happy for your family! What a beautiful baby and what a great way to start the New Year!!

Trisha said...

Gorgeous baby! Congrats to your family :)

amber said...

excellent news! welcome little adam :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Jolene,
Congratulations!!!!!! I'm so happy to hear they were given this little cutie pie during the holidays. what a happy christmas!

alyssa said...

Perfect! Congratulations!!!

Keely Van Brocklin Emery said...

Yay! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jolene!!! I know im a little late- but congratulations!!!! Adam is so cute!!! I bet your whole family is just so happy!!! He looks perfect!! Your sister looks great too- tell her I said Hi and congrats!!! All my love!!! I miss you!!! xoxox - Kelly

Snickollet said...

I'm finally catching up on blogs, and this entry made me so happy. Your nephew is beautiful--seeing pictures of him brought tears to my eyes. What an amazing Christmas gift for your family!