Thursday, January 10, 2008

I'M HOME...WITH HEARTBREAKING NEWS

I just landed from New York about an hour ago. It felt so good to be home. My husband told me he had some sad news to break to me but never did I think I was about to receive the news he gave me. I learned about Boey a long time ago and have been honored to follow her story for months now. I kept her in my prayers every single night. When I learned tonight that she lost her battle with cancer, I couldn't help but break down in tears. I just can't believe it. Cancer has taken another beautiful soul. I hate you cancer. I'm so upset right now. I'm at a loss for words. Please keep her family in your prayers that they have the strength to get through this very difficult time. I'll write more later. Rest in peace Boey.

6 comments:

Kay said...

awwwwwwwwww...i am truly sadden, you have been following her story for so long now. its unfortunate =(

Anonymous said...

Jolene, that is just so terribly sad. My prayers are with her family at this terrible time

Nanette said...

Oh, wow. I didn't know about her, but just looking at her last Christmas photos has brought me to tears. She and her family are in my thoughts.

And cancer fucking sucks.

MissMissy said...

I was saddened also. I've followed her story too after seeing her on Home Makeover and she was always in my thoughts as well. I feel for her family. She was a true warrior.

Anonymous said...

Jolene, that's so awful :( Cancer takes away so many precious lives it's so unfair.. sometimes even when you didn't know the person but followed their story, it still affects you, maybe not as much, but it does. And you feel like it's such a privilege to have known their story...

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jolene. It is comforting to hear how our daughter affected those all over the place. THank you.