I really did! I'm sorry for the late post on my weekend. Here's the rundown of how it went:
Friday
We spent the evening at my sister-in-law's house and watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Well, I only stayed awake for about an hour and couldn't help but fall asleep. I was tired! Mellow evening but we had a great time.
Saturday
One of my aunts on my father's side of the family sold her house recently. She lost her husband about 7 years ago. They were very happily married so it was such a tragedy when he passed on. She decided to sell the house they shared together for many years and her and her son are moving to Nevada. She officially left yesterday but we all went to say goodbye to her on Saturday morning. It was so surreal being in her house again. I remembered visiting often when I was a little girl. Nothing changed in their house...it just seemed so alone. It was very sad saying goodbye to her but I can only wish her the very best in Nevada. Once she's settled, perhaps we'll go visit her. :)
My niece Bianca is turning 15 in October. Staying true to Hispanic tradition, Henry and my sister want to have a Quinceanera for her on this day to commemorate this special age. It won't be anything too grand since they are trying to stay on a tight budget but it should be something Bianca will remember forever. After visiting my aunt, we went to go look for dresses for her in Downtown L.A. on Saturday. I only had the chance to see her try on one dress as I had a prior commitment in the afternoon. My sister told me she did end up finding her dress that day so thankfully, that part is all done. I'm excited for her big day.
After dress shopping, I met up with the hubby and our agent and went house-hunting again. Unfortunately, we didn't see anything good that day but it was still fun to get out there. That night, we went over to my sister-in-law's house again so I could finish up the rest of the movie. I liked it a lot. There are so many things I'm sure I missed and watching it again would certainly help but maybe I'll do that some other time...those movies are long!
Sunday
After church, we helped my sister-in-law and her husband (gosh, we saw my sister-in-law a lot last weekend! haha!) choose the tile for their home. They are doing some remodeling in their house and they needed to choose tile for their three bathrooms. After that, we met up with out agent again to speak about some things and then went home. That night, we had plans to see Glory of Easter, playing at the Crystal Cathedral in Orange County. Our friend's brother is playing Jesus in the Production and we got to meet him after the show. See, I really did meet Jesus! :) His performance was incredible. I was brought to tears and I was so happy we had the opportunity to see this.
Here we are again...another Wednesday. At least it's the middle of the week. It's also MRI day today for Henry. As always, please pray for good results and think good thoughts all day, but especially at 2:20 when his MRI is being done. Thanks everyone. I will post the results tomorrow.
Have a great day!
2 comments:
Hoping for all the best for Henry.
I was in a quinceanera when I was little, and I just loved it. It was so fun and a great experience for the girls that had it.
And praying for Henry :)
Post a Comment