Sunday, February 22, 2009

10 YEARS

It was my 3rd year in college. I was tired of going to class and driving home, without having made any real friends yet. I had to start thinking about resume builders since I knew there would be other "Business Administration" graduates competing for the same jobs I would later be applying for. I was a Marketing major. I remember walking around campus one day and seeing a flyer for the "American Marketing Association." I figured it would be a great way to meet friends, get involved and something to add to my glim resume thus far. I decided I would attend the next meeting.

It was on this day, February 22nd, 1999, that I walking into a room, sat down and wondered what this meeting would be about.

It was then that I remember him coming up to me and saying "Hi, I'm Gerric." He smiled and I reciprocated it.

It was on this day that I met my future husband. It's a special day for me - one that I wish we could have celebrated in a special way. Instead however, my poor husband was home all day, in bed with a nasty cold.

I thought that this business organization would bring me new friends and new experiences. It brought me those things - yes, but it also brought to me my best friend, my soulmate, my true love.

Today we have known each other for one decade my sweet Gerric. I look forward to spending many more decades together. I love you.

My bridal shower


When we got the keys to our 1st home together after we got married


On our honeymoon


Gerric's 30th Birthday

Ten wonderful years...

11 comments:

alyssa said...

I feel so honored to say I was one of the lucky ones when I knew y'all when :) Congratulations! Happy decade and here's to many more, you lovely love birds!!! xoxo!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your ten years together!! That was such a lovely story, it really made me smile :) You guys look great together... hope Gerric is feeling better! xox

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's been 10 wonderful years. Once I get rid of this flu, we'll celebrate. :) I love you honey. -Gerric

addy said...

Aww! That's so cool! Congrats on knowing each other for 10 years.

Final Score 2 boys and 1 angel said...

Aw, nice walking down memory lane.

I don't think I ever saw that last picture of G's 30th b-day. nice picture!!

congrats sis and G.

hope G is feeling much better.

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, I am actually in tears here at the office after reading such a beautiful post. Gerric is a wonderful person and I love having him as a brother. I know Bianca and Andrew love their tito!(I think that's right?!?)

Anyways, wishing you many more!

Love you both:)

Emma

Kay said...

congratulations!!

can't wait to see you guys =)

Snickollet said...

You two are absolutely adorable. Congrats on ten years! Here's to many decades more.

Katelin said...

aw such a sweet post. happy ten years! woo!

Jess ~ Robert said...

You guys are definately soul mates and we are so lucky to know you both! We miss you so much and you're right...we need to come to LA soon to visit! Maybe we can all go to disneyland once Sonny gets a little older (maybe next year)...but he definately needs to meet you both and Lexy misses you guys too! Congrats on your decade!

Love Jess, Robert, Alexya and Santino

Cher said...

Just found your site and stopping to say Hi!