AND THE BATTLE BEGINS
Today is the day. Today is the day we've been dreading since we found out Henry was diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor. Today is the day he starts with radiation and chemotherapy. I keep trying to tell myself that it's just another day...but I know it isn't. I'm scared. I'm scared for him and I'm scared in general. I guess the reality of it has hit me....that he really does have cancer. I know so many patients go through cancer treatments every single day, but never has it been anyone so close to me. Maybe I was naive and thought that it was something I would never have to worry about. But in about 35 minutes, Henry will get his first radiation treatment. Ugh, how awful.
To make matters worse, today is Emma's birthday. Imagine it's your birthday and instead of relishing in the moment and being thankful for another great year, you have to accompany your partner in life, your one and only, the father of your kids, to the hospital to get radiation for the tumor in his brain. Not a very fun or memorable birthday. I just hope that he doesn't have any bad reactions and just rests for the rest of the day. I'm praying today louder than I ever have and hope that God hears me...and everyone else praying in Henry's name today.
Happy Birthday sis...this year has GOT to get better for us. Love you.
1 comment:
Hi Leeney,
Thank you so much for updating your blog! You and your family have been in our prayers and I was really happy to get an update via your blog! I'll keep reading and praying.
Love ya and miss you!
Alyssa
Post a Comment