Planned on doing some laundry as the task was long overdue but I got a call from my girlfriend Alyssa and she asked if the hubby and I were free for movie night. Both of our husbands are big Beatles fans and they were looking forward to watching the movie, Across the Universe. It was a good movie. The first hour was better than the second but overall, we all enjoyed it. You would think that one would be "Beatled Out" after having just seen a movie featuring 31 Beatles songs...but not my husband. In fact, it left him wanting more! He had his CD's playing all morning the next day. Oy vey!
Saturday
Got a late start to cleaning day. But once it was started, we got a lot accomplished. It felt good. I love nothing more than a clean apartment...well, I would love a clean HOUSE much more but that will come eventually. :) That night, we had dinner with my father-in-law and my hubby's stepmom. She knows I love her spaghetti so that was on the menu. It was delicious! She also made Cassava Cake (not sure if this is her exact recipe but I'm sure it's close enough) for us and that was amazing as well. This is a picture I found on the web but hers looked similar to this:

After dinner, we called it a night and went home to watch 24. A perfect ending to a great day.
Sunday
My husband went to his first NFL football game in San Diego so I took advantage of the day. My mom and I went to the cemetary together and in the effort to really start the search for our very first house, I had lunch with a friend who is a real estate agent. I met her when her and my brother went out for a while. They still remain friends and since she's a great person all around, my husband and I decided to have her help us look for our home. I had a great time. She cooked tacos with fresh guacamole for me and made a killer dessert (Thanks for the 5 pounds Elvia!). I definitely learned some things from her on the home-buying front so although we have the ball rolling in the process...it's rolling really ssslllloooowwwwly for us since we're in no hurry to take such a huge step. After dinner and 2 martinis, I drove home to watch the season premiere of Desperate Housewives.
It's a short week for me...thank goodness! I have Thursday and Friday off since we're going to Morongo. So excited just to get away for a couple days!
6 comments:
wow...you bet you can't wait until next weekend =)
My sis LOVED the Beatles movie... and I'm jealous you have a short week. I want one!
I'm going to go put that movie in my Netflix queue right now so that eventually I will see it :).
Your weekend sounds great. The homebuying thing is scary, but once you find the right place and take the plunge, you will not regret it!
Hmmm. We might have to see that movie on our next date night - Eddie Izzard is in it.
I'm so happy that you & G-man are looking to buy a place! That's so exciting!!!
we are definitely waiting on the homebuying for awhile too. the market is still crazy-go-nuts and we just don't want to get roped into something that is way over-priced. lots of luck to you in the big search :)
Post a Comment