Friday, October 12, 2007

BIRTHDAYS GALORE AND RANDOM THOUGHTS

Dearest Blog Readers,

Sorry I've been MIA. I was stuck in sales meetings ALL day yesterday and I barely had a chance to take a deep breath. Whew! But it's over for now and not only that...it's Friday! Although I'm relieved that it's Friday, it's probably the only Friday I've been dreading for a while now. You see, in the 8 years that I've known my husband, he has been trying to get me to go to Knott's Halloween Haunt. I can't say I've never given it a chance though. I actually went a couple times when I was in high school but I made a personal vow to myself that I just WOULD NOT go back. Yes, I'm a chicken. I'm a 29-year old chicken who gets genuinely frightened at these things. I've tried telling myself that it's a person in there just dressed up in a silly costume and that it's all makeup...but I just can't help it! I HATE the feeling of being scared! So why did I agree to go? Because a pretty large group of us is going and they all promised to let little 'ole me be in between 2 people AT. ALL. TIMES. So fellow bloggers, I ask that you please think good thoughts for me tonight. Wish me luck in surviving this stupid thing. Oh lord help me.




On a happier note, Happy 14th Birthday to my niece Bianca! It was actually yesterday but since I didn't get a chance to post, I'm giving her a shout out now. Tomorrow night is my mom's birthday and we'll be celebrating it with our family at a restaurant. Should be fun. Then on the 18th is Henry's birthday which we're all looking forward to. We'll be celebrating his on the 20th, the day before we leave for Hawaii.


I started Weight Watchers on Monday. No, I didn't actually sign up for it since I'm trying to save myself the money but I have been following the program since I have everything I need. It's only been 4 days and I swear I feel as though my clothes are fitting slighly better...but it might just be in my head. :) I'll take whatever I can get!

On another note, we all went through a horrible tradegy earlier this year when my sister and her husband lost my nephew. We got a ray of light after that occurred when my sister announced they were pregnant again! We're all so happy and excited for them. A little bit of bad news is that they think my sister has gestational diabetes...which she had when she was pregnant with Diego. I know this is common in a lot of pregnancies but you can't help but wonder if this is what caused Diego to go up to Heaven. Today my sister is taking the 3 hour glucose exam and whether she has GD or not, we're all praying for a happy ending. Please, please pray that my sister, her husband and my nephew welcome a healthy baby this December. I had a dream last night that my sister came home with a baby boy in her arms. I'd like to think that it's God's way of letting me know that everything is going to be okay.

Have a great weekend everyone!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sister and her family are in my prayers. My wife had GD during her pregnancy and everything worked out great, although the baby came about 3 weeks early.

As for Knott's, you know that you are going to be the source of entertainment for everyone, don't you? It's always fun to see people get scared. I took my wife to Knott's Halloween Haunt when we were dating and I came home with fingernail marks in my arm. Needless to say we haven't been back, but she brought it up the other day that she thought it'd be fun to go. Have fun!

Nanette said...

I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Knott's Scary, but hubby is a 'fraidy cat. ;)

And yay for WW and for your sis! That's all quite awesome!

weezermonkey said...

Great news about your sister! Good luck at Knotts. ;)

amber said...

hubs is still trying to convince me to go to knotts scary farm after 7 years being together... and i'm still putting him off :P i wish you all the best.

your sister will definitely be in my prayers -- keep us posted :)

Snickollet said...

Oh, you are brave. I hate scary movies, haunted houses, all that stuff. Let us know how it goes!

Good for you on the WW. I've had great luck with that program, when I stick to it.

Thinking of your sister. . .

alyssa said...

Thinking of your sister. Keep us posted when you know the results! Have a great birthday weekend, despite tonight's activity :( Daddy Dan is right...you will be the main source of entertainment for everyone whose going with you :) Can't wait to read about it! xoxo

California Girl said...

OMG. We are the same. I went to Knotts back in high school, and practically lost my mind in fear. I can't handle that shit. I went to a haunted house with steppie and I was a million times more scaredy cat than she was. I'm a wimp. I hope you are ok :)

And best wishes to your sis. I hope everything will be ok.

Anonymous said...

Wellll?????

Did you survive?

Cee said...

i am seriously scared for you. I'm always a target for the monsters whenever I go to knotts.

Keely Van Brocklin Emery said...

Praying for your sister and your family.

I had GD with Zoe... it's rough, but she's healthy and happy, with a fairly easy birth (they induced a few days early and ended up doing a c-section because of my bone structure).