
We had a great time catching up on life and work. Although we had just seen eachother less than a week ago, we had a lot to talk about. I always love hanging out with Kay. Although I love her, I always seem to throw out all diet restrictions out the door when I'm with her. It's like I don't care what I eat since I'm having such a good time with her. We started with the garlic french fries. We licked them clean!

Kay decided to go with pasta and I went with the French Riviera crepe. It was amazing! So, so good. Then we indulged and shared the Martinique crepe for dessert: bananas flambe in rum with butter and brown sugar, topped with vanilla ice cream. YUM!

After dinner, we strolled down 2nd Street for a while before we said our goodbyes for the night. I had a great time. Thank you Kay! :)
In case you're wondering what the 2nd part of my title means, I'm getting to it now. We got a not-so-friendly company-wide voicemail from the owner of our company (who is known to be a tough cookie and honestly, rather crazy) about Internet usage during company hours. The bottom line: we're not allowed to use it at all while at work. He said he's going to be cracking down on whoever is on doing non work-related surfing. Um yeah, that would be ME! You see, I have a daily ritual I go through every.single.day. Let's see...there's checking my personal e-mail first, then there's reading every blog I keep up on (that would be about THIRTY or so) and then I update my own if need be. Then there's just the shopping on-line, the reading up on current events and celebrity gossip. Yes folks, if the CEO of my company truly has a "list" of employees who are on the Internet an excessive amount of time...trust me, I'm on it. But I say, as long as the work gets done, what's the big deal, right? Well, I decided it's not even worth playing with fire so that means no more Internet for me...at all. Zip. Zilch. Nada. That's why it's almost 8pm and I'm just now doing what used to be my morning ritual. So if you notice I'm not updating my blog as often or I'm commenting a lot later than I normally do, now you know why. I have to admit though, I did get a lot of work done today! So there you have it.
Thanks to all of you for sharing in my excitement and gratitude for Henry's driving freedom again. It means a lot.
Okay, I'm off to spend some time with my husband. But before I end this, check out this article:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071115/ap_on_fe_st/odd_serendipity_rodents
Um yeah, remember I was just there less than two weeks ago! I swear I wanted to gag when I read this. Unbelievable.
9 comments:
Yay for Le Creperie! I love crepes, and I have yet to try that place!
BOOOOOOOOOO to Serendipity. :(
ugh....YUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK!!!!! So much for lovin' that place in NYC. Yew. Yuck.
Bummer about the Internet.
it was fun---thanks again--facials in bev hills next time????, ummm but i am going to steal a few of your images for my post now!!
Omigod you have to stop posting pics of such deeeelish looking food!! I'm always hungry reading your blog (and Kay's too!). Funny though reading your post tonight. I just got home from dinner with my best girlfriend... I'm so like you, we were ordering our dinner and we decided to pig out on fries too!!! Haha.. i guess it's just something about being with good girlfriends, chatting about anything and everything about life and having good company that just makes you not care about the calories for awhile :) Sucks about your internet at work!!! I wouldn't dare blog at my work.. i'm too scared they're going to read my blog and know everything about my personal life!!! hehehe..
Have a nice weekend back at ya!
Janice
xoxo
Wow, that meal sounds AMAZING. I'm glad you and Kay got to enjoy the evening together.
Bummer about the daytime Internet use. What a way to cramp your style! Boo-hiss to the CEO.
hey girlfriend, we need to plan it so you take me there.. it looks delish!!!!
that was pretty disgusting about the restaurant in NY. I am surprised you didn't get sick like you normally do..
I already told you last night what to tell this person that no longer allows for internet at work..
whateva...
talk to you later sis.. :)
Erika
Jolene, I love 2nd Street! Haven't been down there in years. Not since my Long Beach State days.
I've got the shakes just thinking about your internet withdrawals!
Ohhh, and email me (nanettep at gmail dot com) when you have a sec. :)
no internet?!? so freaking sad :(
Post a Comment